Last week I held a webinar going over Advanced Mountain Bike Core Training and how you can use specific exercises to improve your core strength and riding. It was a lot of fun and I had riders from all over the world register and tune in to the live presentation. In it I shared a lot of great info, some of which I’ve never presented before.
I started off with a short presentation answering some very important questions including…
- What is “core training”?
- What is the real job of the core on the bike?
- What is the one critical area that is almost always overlooked when talking about the core?
- How is core strength and grip strength related?
- Why will your mobility gaps will have a big effect on your real world core strength?
- What are the main core strength gaps that mountain bikers need to address?
- What are the best exercises to address those gaps?
After going over the presentation I then demonstrated the 3 exercises I’ve found target the main core strength gaps most mountain bikers have. I showed everyone how to do each exercise while also explaining how to get the most out of the movement and how to avoid common mistakes.
While I’m new to the webinar thing and I need to polish up a few things I thought the overall presentation went great and everyone came away from it with some great fuel for thought and exercises to start using. And in case you missed it I’ve got the replay ready for you to check out.
You can download the slides from this webinar by clicking here.